We are proud to provide service and support for the growth and development of almost 50 individual arts and cultural organizations in Dearborn/Dearborn Heights.
The Dearborn Community Arts Council is dedicated to supporting, promoting, and developing arts and culture in our diverse community.
The Dearborn Community Arts Council is a highly visible arts and cultural resource that enriches the quality of life for all ages and abilities through collaborative ventures.
The Dearborn Community Arts Council, founded in 1969, is celebrating more than 40 years of service to the arts and cultural community of Dearborn and surrounding area. The DCAC is a non-profit, 501(c)3 umbrella organization that is dedicated to the mission statement to facilitate, encourage and support the arts in our diverse community. The DCAC provides service and support for the growth and development of 40 individual arts and cultural organizations in the Dearborn/Dearborn Heights Community.
Our DCAC offices and staff are located at the Ford Community & Performing Arts Center sharing space with the Cultural Arts Division of Dearborn’s Recreation Department in the theater wing of that magnificent facility.
The Padzieski Art Gallery, located adjacent to the grand staircase and theater lobby is a cooperative and collaborative effort with the City of Dearborn. It provides exhibit opportunities for local, national and international artists of all mediums.
In addition to the Gallery, the DCAC collaborates with the Cultural Arts Division, providing a resource library, information center, Curator newsletter, quarterly cultural calendar, a weekly arts column, theater programming hotline, website and cable programs for up-to-date information on artistic, cultural, theatrical and special events to a population in excess of 100,000 residents.
The DCAC, working closely with community-based arts organizations, the Cultural Arts Division, service clubs, municipal government, schools and social agencies, provides the following:
- Supports the wide-range of cultural activities in the Dearborn/Dearborn Heights area
- Provides volunteer, educational and professional development opportunities
- Assists in the development and implementation and funding for a variety of arts programming.
- Works collaboratively with local schools and agencies to insure equal access and opportunities to arts facilities and unique exhibit venues.
- Promotes the recognition of art and culture as a primary contributor to economic development and the quality of life in our community
- Offers networking and employment opportunities to artists/performers and educators
- Salutes outstanding corporate and individual contributions and support for the arts and culture of our community
The Dearborn Community Arts Council programs are made possible with the support of the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs and the City of Dearborn.
The Dearborn Community Arts Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides programs and services without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex or special needs.