The Dearborn Community Arts Council and the Dearborn Mayor’s Office are proud to present the 29th Annual Mayor’s Arts Awards Ceremony on Wednesday, April 26 at 7 p.m. in “Studio A” at the Ford Community and Performing Arts Center
An afterglow reception to follow in the Padzieski Art Gallery. Admission is free and the public are welcome to come and celebrate with the honorees.
The Mayor’s Arts Awards Selection Committee announces and congratulates these individuals and organizations being honored for their work in the arts in 2016:
- 2016 Arts Educator Award: Su Doman
- 2016 Volunteer Award: Bruce Harkness
- 2016 Artist/Performer Award: Dave Gorden
- 2016 Mayor's Award: Glass Academy
- 2016 Arts Patron Award: Green Brain Comics
- 2016 DCAC Bravo Award: Jessica Carreras
- 2016 Special Recognition Award: Robert Curtis
- 2016 Arts Organization Award: Players Guild of Dearborn
These great friends to our community will be honored at the Awards Ceremony, recognizing their outstanding achievements and contributions for 2016. The DCAC looks forward to spotlighting these individuals and groups who have enriched our lives and our communities with their talent, as well as their dedication and support of the arts.
The evening’s celebration features a special performance by the U.S. Air Force’s Freedom Winds Quintet and the MC for the festivities will be Radio Host Jay Korinek, beloved Henry Ford College Professor and recipient of last year’s Arts Educator Award.
The Ceremony will be followed by an open reception and Afterglow across the theatre in the lobby and at the Padzieski Art Gallery 313-943-5377.