The Dearborn Community Arts Council is proud to present the 23rd annual Juried Photography Exhibition, set for Feb. 1-28 at the Padzieski Gallery.
The gallery is located inside of the Ford Community and Performing Arts Center, 15801 Michigan Ave. in Dearborn.
The exhibition is sponsored by photo and video gear store ProCam of Livonia.
Amateur and professional photographers alike are invited to submit their works for consideration in the show.
The Opening Party & Reception with Awards will be held Friday, Feb. 2 from 6-8 p.m. The Reception & Exhibition are free to attend.
ELIGIBILITY AND CONDITIONS:
- Open to both amateur & professional photographers
- Jurying will be from actual work (no slides, websites, etc.)
- Juried work must be dropped off between 12-7 p.m. Jan. 16 and 17
- The DCAC and the City of Dearborn are responsible for works on city premises, but not for work delivered early, in damaged condition or left after the close of the exhibit.
- We reserve the right to determine qualifying categories.
There will be three separate categories: Black & White, Color and (Digitally) Altered
Celebrated local photographer Bill Gemmell
Best of Show: $100 ProCam gift card
B & W First Place: $50 ProCam gift card
B & W Second Place: $25 ProCam gift card
Color First Place: $50 ProCam gift card
Color Second Place: $25 ProCam gift card
Altered First Place: $50 ProCam gift card
Altered Second Place: $25 ProCam gift card
JURY AND ENTRY FEE:
- $20 per entry (first 2), & $10 (entries after first 2)
- You may submit up to two entries in each category at $20 for the first 2, then $10 per photograph.
- ENTRY FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
- Artists submitting photographs for this exhibit must complete the entry form and checklist, sign the form, attach a label to the back of each piece and enclose the correct entry fee. Your label must include artist’s name, title, category, price.
- All prints must be framed under glass or plexiglass and be ready for hanging with attached wire.
- Size is limited to 36 inches by 36 inches, including frame
Photographers are responsible for delivery and pick up of their work. ALL work must be picked up after the exhibition by March 1, 2018 between 1-6 p.m.
HAND DELIVERY AND PICKUP OF ENTRIES:
You may deliver your framed photos on Jan. 16-17 between 12-7 p.m. No mail-in entries will be accepted. NO WORK will be accepted BEFORE Jan. 16 at 12 p.m. or AFTER 7 p.m. on Jan. 17, 2018.
Deliver entries to the Padzieski Art Gallery inside the Ford Community Performing Arts Center, located at 15801 Michigan Avenue Dearborn MI, 48126. Call 313-943-3095 with any questions.
PICK UP: All accepted work must be picked up between 1-6 p.m. March 1 AFTER the close of the exhibit. Any accepted or declined work NOT picked up by 6 p.m. March 1 becomes DCAC property.
Participants will be notified by email ONLY if their work is declined. A return response will be requested. All declined work must be picked up on Tuesday, Jan. 23 between 1-6 p.m.
SALES / GALLERY COMMISSIONS:
A 30 percent commission will be charged on all sales made during the exhibition. Please price work accordingly. All purchases to remain in gallery during exhibition.