The Dearborn Community Arts Council is proud to present the 24th annual Juried Photography Exhibition, set for Feb. 1-28, 2019 at the Padzieski Gallery. This year's show will honor well-known Dearborn artist, teacher and photographer Teresa Lousias, who passed away Dec. 5. Awards this year will include
The gallery is located inside of the Ford Community and Performing Arts Center, 15801 Michigan Ave. in Dearborn.
The exhibition is sponsored by photo and video gear store ProCam of Livonia.
Amateur and professional photographers alike are invited to submit their works for consideration in the show.
OPENING RECEPTION AND SPECIAL EVENTS:
The Opening Party & Reception with Awards will be held Friday, Feb. 1 from 6-8 p.m. There will be a Special Memorial Gathering held Saturday, Feb. 2 at 12 p.m. to honor Teresa Lousias. Lastly, the Paczki at the Padzieski Gallery Talk with Polish treats and beverages, featuring the winning photographers discussing their work, will be held Thursday, Feb. 28 at 1:30 p.m.
All three events are free to attend.
ELIGIBILITY AND CONDITIONS:
- Open to both amateur & professional photographers
- Jurying will be from actual work (no slides, websites, etc.)
- The DCAC and the City of Dearborn are responsible for works on city premises, but not for work delivered early, in damaged condition or left after the close of the exhibit.
- We reserve the right to determine qualifying categories.
There will be three separate categories: Black & White, Color and (Digitally) Altered
DCAC board members and local artists Lance Rosol and Gayle Dickerson
Best of Show: $100 cash plus $100 ProCam gift card
B & W First Place: $50 cash plus $50 ProCam gift card
B & W Second Place: $50 cash plus $25 ProCam gift card
Color First Place:$50 cash plus $50 ProCam gift card
Color Second Place:$50 cash plus $25 ProCam gift card
Altered First Place: $50 ProCam gift card
Altered Second Place: $25 ProCam gift card
JURY AND ENTRY FEE:
- $20 per entry (first two) and $10 (entries after first two)
- You may submit up to two entries in each category
- ENTRY FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
- Artists submitting photographs for this exhibit must complete the entry form and checklist, sign the form, attach a label to the back of each piece and enclose the correct entry fee. Your label must include artist’s name, title, category, price.
- All prints must be framed under glass or plexiglass and be ready for hanging with attached wire.
- Size is limited to 36 inches by 36 inches, including frame
- Photographers are responsible for delivery and pick up of their work.
HAND DELIVERY AND PICKUP OF ENTRIES:
Entries must be dropped off between 12-7 p.m. Jan. 15 and 16. Mailed works will not be accepted. Deliver entries to the Padzieski Art Gallery inside the Ford Community Performing Arts Center, located at 15801 Michigan Avenue Dearborn MI, 48126.
Call 313-943-3095 with any questions.
All work must be picked up after the exhibition on Feb. 28 between 5-6 p.m. or on March 1 between 12-6 p.m. Any accepted or declined work NOT picked up by 6 p.m. March 1 becomes DCAC property.
Participants will be notified by email ONLY if their work is declined. A return response will be requested. All declined work must be picked up on Jan. 24 between 2-6 p.m.
SALES / GALLERY COMMISSIONS:
A 30 percent commission will be charged on all sales made during the exhibition. Please price work accordingly. All purchases to remain in gallery during exhibition.
Photography Exhibition Entry Form
Juried Photography Exhibition Entry Form
Exhibition Payment via PayPal